Spring Cleaning!!
After I finished up my assignment today, I decided it was high time to mass clean the house and get that moving thing I started last month done...also my parents dropped by this weekend and it's always better to get the heavy furniture lifting done when there are extra hands around to help :) By the way, this post is probably going to be pretty pointless...instead of going outside after I finish my homework I clean....
When I switched rooms a month or so ago, I left most of the furniture in the old room (I think I started with the desk and bookshelf that day and whew that was enough for a month...I'm a small Irene). Unfortunately, the bed in the new room has got to be older than me. The first time I slept on it, the funky ditch it had got my feet to fall asleep before I did. So yea, no more of that. The old room I was in came with this awesome bed from Greece, the kind which doesn't use a box spring, but gets its support from several slats of wood. That thing is awesome. Moving it was not. The first thing I figured out is that none of those slats are actually connected to anything. As soon as you lift up the frame, the whole thing falls apart and all fifteen or so slats dump out. Ouch. Then as soon as Dad goes, "Watch out, the sides aren't sanded down," ARHGHHHHH!HH!HHHHHHG [*grabs finger and runs off to find tweezers*], I've got the longest freaking splinter ever. I'd been sliding one of the slats through my hand to settle it on the ground. It was worse than the time I stepped on a knitting needle that was sticking straight up out of the carpet. Maybe I have fewer nerves in my feet or something. Thank god for tweezers. Ewww, sorry for that bit of gooey-ness.
My next effort was to eradicate the place of all spiders I could find. They generally hang out around the plants so I usually just avoid the areas they like to congregate and kill the ones that start migrating. Then once or month or so, I'd kill the entire congregation and watch their kind re-group again over the next few weeks. Today I was on a mission so I started off going around the house actually looking for them with a flip-flop and stomping all the ones I saw. The problem is, once you start looking, there are a ton more than you think. I thought I'd find maybe, ohh, ten in the entire place? There were freaking twenty on just that one popular wall I don't go near. I swear my place isn't gross at all. It's just the majillion plants all over the place that harbor them. Then came the really sucky part. I must've found the remains of a nest or something. As soon as I stomped this gigantic ugly, all these little baby ones came running out of nowhere. ACCCK!!! *smack smack* EWWW!!! *smack* That's the last time I'm letting a few spiders hang out. I'll deal with whatever other bugs could possibly be around the house. As soon as I see a spider, I'm killing it. So yea, after that I figured stomping would take awhile. Dad had been going around with a broom in my wake, scooping up all the massacre and webs. I retired the flip-flop and dragged out the vacuum to run it over every floor and wall I could reach. I even put on that little pointy accessory that you never use and reached behind the fridge and whatever other stuff I can't move. So now I can't decide if I can sleep easy because I've gotten rid of most of them or if I'm freaked out that there are possibly more somewhere.
On a fun note, I realized today that I have quite a funky assortment of stuffed animals. That would be...a bean (he looks like he's in peril though, possibly from being too close to the edge), a bunny, a tofu (complete with garnish), a Chuu-Totoro (yay! I fished him and a Chibi-Totoro out of one of those grabby machines in Japan...sigh, the ones here just don't have cool stuffed animals), a Pucca, a frog (that's also a hand puppet), and a bear. Hmmm, I might be on a start to a soy product stuffed animal collection with my bean and tofu. Ok, fun note over.
When I switched rooms a month or so ago, I left most of the furniture in the old room (I think I started with the desk and bookshelf that day and whew that was enough for a month...I'm a small Irene). Unfortunately, the bed in the new room has got to be older than me. The first time I slept on it, the funky ditch it had got my feet to fall asleep before I did. So yea, no more of that. The old room I was in came with this awesome bed from Greece, the kind which doesn't use a box spring, but gets its support from several slats of wood. That thing is awesome. Moving it was not. The first thing I figured out is that none of those slats are actually connected to anything. As soon as you lift up the frame, the whole thing falls apart and all fifteen or so slats dump out. Ouch. Then as soon as Dad goes, "Watch out, the sides aren't sanded down," ARHGHHHHH!HH!HHHHHHG [*grabs finger and runs off to find tweezers*], I've got the longest freaking splinter ever. I'd been sliding one of the slats through my hand to settle it on the ground. It was worse than the time I stepped on a knitting needle that was sticking straight up out of the carpet. Maybe I have fewer nerves in my feet or something. Thank god for tweezers. Ewww, sorry for that bit of gooey-ness.
My next effort was to eradicate the place of all spiders I could find. They generally hang out around the plants so I usually just avoid the areas they like to congregate and kill the ones that start migrating. Then once or month or so, I'd kill the entire congregation and watch their kind re-group again over the next few weeks. Today I was on a mission so I started off going around the house actually looking for them with a flip-flop and stomping all the ones I saw. The problem is, once you start looking, there are a ton more than you think. I thought I'd find maybe, ohh, ten in the entire place? There were freaking twenty on just that one popular wall I don't go near. I swear my place isn't gross at all. It's just the majillion plants all over the place that harbor them. Then came the really sucky part. I must've found the remains of a nest or something. As soon as I stomped this gigantic ugly, all these little baby ones came running out of nowhere. ACCCK!!! *smack smack* EWWW!!! *smack* That's the last time I'm letting a few spiders hang out. I'll deal with whatever other bugs could possibly be around the house. As soon as I see a spider, I'm killing it. So yea, after that I figured stomping would take awhile. Dad had been going around with a broom in my wake, scooping up all the massacre and webs. I retired the flip-flop and dragged out the vacuum to run it over every floor and wall I could reach. I even put on that little pointy accessory that you never use and reached behind the fridge and whatever other stuff I can't move. So now I can't decide if I can sleep easy because I've gotten rid of most of them or if I'm freaked out that there are possibly more somewhere.
On a fun note, I realized today that I have quite a funky assortment of stuffed animals. That would be...a bean (he looks like he's in peril though, possibly from being too close to the edge), a bunny, a tofu (complete with garnish), a Chuu-Totoro (yay! I fished him and a Chibi-Totoro out of one of those grabby machines in Japan...sigh, the ones here just don't have cool stuffed animals), a Pucca, a frog (that's also a hand puppet), and a bear. Hmmm, I might be on a start to a soy product stuffed animal collection with my bean and tofu. Ok, fun note over.


1 Comments:
need some "ugly dolls" these are my favorites :)
By
anthea, at 10/12/2005 2:27 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home