Blunderings

8.09.2005

I Loathe Spiders

I want to be the only living thing within my little renting radius!!! This summer bug explosion is getting outrageous. The week before Siggraph, I killed five different kinds of spiders within three days. I don't even spend much time at home so I only noticed them because they waltzed right freaking in front of me. One of them I accidentally stepped on while walking around with bare feet ~ talk about a nasty surprise! I don't even want to imagine how many more varieties are lurking around where I'm not even looking. So enough complaining, does anyone have any good ideas for killing spiders on a thirty-foot ceiling? There are these two huge uglies (they must be freaking enormous if they look huge already from thirty feet away) who have been getting bigger over the past few months and they're starting to migrate. I'm plotting to murder them before they go somewhere that could produce bad suprises. And perhaps I'm paranoid, but I'm also afraid one of them will start spewing hundreds of children soon. So, I'm super short, have no ladder, only have a four-foot Swiffer, have really bad aim in lobbing objects, and am afraid of these guys. What's my best bet?

5 Comments:

  • Hahahahaa, that's the first time I've heard of that. Though I have to wonder ~ wouldn't a sudden blast of concentrated air send the dude flying? Ewww, I think I'd want it dead where I could see it so I'd be able to flush it down the toilet (gosh, losing that one in the oriental carpet last week was a nightmare). Speaking of which though, I flushed three different kinds again in the first ten minutes I got home today, including a gigantic green one with hairy legs who eerily matches the shedded clear skin I found two weeks ago (are spiders supposed to shed?!!?!).

    By Blogger eneries, at 8/11/2005 12:06 AM  

  • Yesssssss! Thank you o' nameless 40-ft bamboo pole hanging out in my garage.

    By Blogger eneries, at 8/14/2005 5:54 PM  

  • hee-hee.
    I say let them stay.
    they don't eat much
    and they keep away the flies.

    By Blogger Brad, at 8/16/2005 12:15 AM  

  • I was gonna suggest you just have your b/f or someone else who has better aim at tossing something up there, but looks like you got it with that pole thing. And what the heck do you have a 40foot bamboo pole in your garage for? Maybe it is for spiders.

    My other suggestion is maybe you should move somewhere there's not as many spiders, or find a place with a lower ceiling...no, moving is better. But there's spiders everywhere. When I was a little boy I was in the Philipines with my parents. A house we were gonna stay in had a gigantic spider about as big as my hand. We ended up spleeping a different place...I'll never forget that spider. creepy.

    A few years ago I was walking to the kitchen and suddenly felt a strong strand of web hit my face as I entered the kitchen. I was alarmed because I knew the extra strong thread usually meant a certain kind of spider! When I flipped on the light I was already trying to shake the web loose and there it was dangling from my body...a black widow!! OMG!!! I just about freaked out and managed to get it off me, but man it was creepy, and I could have been bit! Hope that doesn't give you nightmares. Sorry. I hope that never happens again.

    By Blogger kenny r, at 8/22/2005 12:41 AM  

  • Ok, NIGHTMARES!!! Hahaha, it was so worth trying to figure out how to get that freaking long bamboo pole indoors.

    By Blogger eneries, at 8/23/2005 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home