Bungee Boxes
Driving to work in the morning is an adventure, not simply because the entire drive is on a one-lane country road; or because everyone in the city needs that one lane to get where everyone in the city works; or because construction for three separate shopping plazas, one new neighborhood development, and on the road itself are permanent fixtures; or because all the beavers and deer are freaking out and unfortunately getting run over; or because people just drive slow. I think it's mostly because stuff just somehow happens.
In today's adventure, I unfortunately but happily overslept. So then there I was happily speeding (shhh) around a bend in the country road five minutes later when suddenly there was a huge SUV with a box its own size attached to its roof by a single bunngee cord right in front of me. Hmmm, that's no good, I figure. But I'm not quite awake yet and thinking time is a bit slow (though apparently reaction time is still good, no worries) so right as I'm deciding I should probably slam on the brakes and give him some space, the bungee cord snaps free and somehow manages to launch -- not drop, but launch -- this huge SUV-sized box right at me.
GOOD MORNING! *SWERVE*
Who says Nintendo games aren't good for you?! Only thanks to years of virtual practice could I have managed to miss that huge thing without straying far out of the one lane while half asleep. Whewww, I'm also glad my car is short and handles well; otherwise I'd have a horrible legitimate excuse for being late today if I made it at all. Hmmm, all in all, today's adventure was a good one: no damage sustained by anyone except the box and it's bungee guardian, got to sleep in, and made it to work in less time than usual since the one slow car I encountered had to pull over.
In today's adventure, I unfortunately but happily overslept. So then there I was happily speeding (shhh) around a bend in the country road five minutes later when suddenly there was a huge SUV with a box its own size attached to its roof by a single bunngee cord right in front of me. Hmmm, that's no good, I figure. But I'm not quite awake yet and thinking time is a bit slow (though apparently reaction time is still good, no worries) so right as I'm deciding I should probably slam on the brakes and give him some space, the bungee cord snaps free and somehow manages to launch -- not drop, but launch -- this huge SUV-sized box right at me.
GOOD MORNING! *SWERVE*
Who says Nintendo games aren't good for you?! Only thanks to years of virtual practice could I have managed to miss that huge thing without straying far out of the one lane while half asleep. Whewww, I'm also glad my car is short and handles well; otherwise I'd have a horrible legitimate excuse for being late today if I made it at all. Hmmm, all in all, today's adventure was a good one: no damage sustained by anyone except the box and it's bungee guardian, got to sleep in, and made it to work in less time than usual since the one slow car I encountered had to pull over.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home