AM.2.02 Anticipation II
Wheew, finished before the deadline! Yikes, coming home this week cut things a bit short.
My major crit from Mark last week was that my side view (which I intelligently didn't show here, mwahaha) looked like a completely different walk from the front view of the same animation. Basically, my side view looked a lot floppier. Mark described it as someone trying to catch herself from falling and suggested that I forget the forced overlap I had worked in and make the walk more poised, practiced, and certain. Before I turned stuff in last week, I already knew that the side view didn't work (and actually had already redone it twice), but I couldn't figure out why. So I ended up uploading it to Mark anyways and thankfully he spelled it out for me.
So this week, I made those revisions, then worked in the rest of the assignment. Everything's still in blocked mode, but this week our goal was to add arms to our existing walk and also to extend the beginning of the piece. The directions here were to work in a new bit of anticipation and start the character off from a stopped position.
So here 'tis! Erhhh, once again, my side view looks like crap ~ though just for the turn this time ~ so I've decided not to waste bandwidth on it. Hmmm, I still decided to upload it to Mark anyways so he can keep lowering my grade :) But hey, it's all for the learning.
Perspective View
Front View
My major crit from Mark last week was that my side view (which I intelligently didn't show here, mwahaha) looked like a completely different walk from the front view of the same animation. Basically, my side view looked a lot floppier. Mark described it as someone trying to catch herself from falling and suggested that I forget the forced overlap I had worked in and make the walk more poised, practiced, and certain. Before I turned stuff in last week, I already knew that the side view didn't work (and actually had already redone it twice), but I couldn't figure out why. So I ended up uploading it to Mark anyways and thankfully he spelled it out for me.
So this week, I made those revisions, then worked in the rest of the assignment. Everything's still in blocked mode, but this week our goal was to add arms to our existing walk and also to extend the beginning of the piece. The directions here were to work in a new bit of anticipation and start the character off from a stopped position.
So here 'tis! Erhhh, once again, my side view looks like crap ~ though just for the turn this time ~ so I've decided not to waste bandwidth on it. Hmmm, I still decided to upload it to Mark anyways so he can keep lowering my grade :) But hey, it's all for the learning.
Perspective View
Front View


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home