Should've Worn Heels
The South is...weird. A little before noon today, the clouds suddenly gathered and just mass-dumped themselves for a couple minutes. I decided to grab some lunch and was watching this go on through the windows as I walked down the hall. Fortunately, at the exact moment I got to the door, this proceeding decided to cut itself off, just as suddenly as it started. It was magical ~ burning hot, dark and cold, then burning hot again ~ no transitions!
So then I stepped outside into a flooded parking lot and realized, hey, why am I not wearing heels or waterproof shoes? Hahaha, the South has rendered away all the good weather-precautionary actions I subconsciouly stuck to in my Ithaca days.
Then comes the even more magical part. As I trek through the first three parking rows to get to my car while this huge, flat stream rushes towards the sewers (the underground was singing!!!), I notice that it's so freaking hot out that I'm watching the water vaporize! No wonder there aren't any little streams near here. It was kind of a surreal effect, like wading through a forest of dry ice except the trees are SUVs and it's blindingly sunny.
It's a couple hours later now and the waterpark outside was long since dried before I even made it down the road to my lunch destination, but my pants are only getting stickier as the wetness keeps climbing my khakis in this dank programming cave.
So then I stepped outside into a flooded parking lot and realized, hey, why am I not wearing heels or waterproof shoes? Hahaha, the South has rendered away all the good weather-precautionary actions I subconsciouly stuck to in my Ithaca days.
Then comes the even more magical part. As I trek through the first three parking rows to get to my car while this huge, flat stream rushes towards the sewers (the underground was singing!!!), I notice that it's so freaking hot out that I'm watching the water vaporize! No wonder there aren't any little streams near here. It was kind of a surreal effect, like wading through a forest of dry ice except the trees are SUVs and it's blindingly sunny.
It's a couple hours later now and the waterpark outside was long since dried before I even made it down the road to my lunch destination, but my pants are only getting stickier as the wetness keeps climbing my khakis in this dank programming cave.


1 Comments:
you WATCHED the water vaporize!? That's so cool.
By
Kimotion, at 7/13/2005 12:38 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home