Blunderings

8.09.2005

Whoa Overdue

Wow, Siggraph was a blast! Sorry for the lack of recent posts ~ I just got back from CA yesterday and am still trying to parse it all. Hahaha, lack of internet almost killed me. So I had no idea what to expect, but meeting the ton of people from AnimationMentor.com and running into old Cornell folks was awesome.

The superb AM events were particularly memorable. There was just so much excitement running through the room. Finally meeting fellow classmates whom I've only known by animation clips and avatars was great ~ it was like finally meeting people you feel like you already know. And watching Bobby, Carlos, Shawn, and a couple of the mentors do their inspiration spiels in person was amazing. AM even brought in Rob Coleman, super animator from ILM, to give a great Q&A session at the Birds of a Feather event. If you haven't heard the details already (or only know the punchline), he told his side of the great story about Shawn trying to pitch his awesome light-saber-throwing-Yoda sequence. When they brought the idea up to George Lucas, he said something along the lines of "Jedi don't throw their light sabers." And of course Shawn in the back goes "Yea they do!" Hahaha, I kind of wish I didn't get the Full Conference pass since then I would have totally spent all my time around the AM booth. Though, then again, the courses and panels were pretty darn amazing. Everyone at AM rocks! I love this program! And thanks Anthea for the extra I-Heart-Spike shirt. You'd be proud to know that it was handy advertising for AM ~ people definitely asked about it!

Running into a bajillion Cornell people was also just crazy. I expected to see two or three people and I figured my old graphics professor would definitely be there, but dang there was a whole posse. We all went to dinner one night and took up five tables! It was great to see people I hadn't seen in over a year and hang out with old friends from graphics courses.

It's kind of weird, but last week made the world feel smaller in a good way. Cheers! Plus, I got lots of hugs!!

Oooh, before I forget, you should check out La Migration Bigoudenn at http://alexandre.heboyan.free.fr/film.htm if you haven't already. It was one of my favorites from the Electonic Theater. I love crazy, cute little shorts. Plus, this one totally reminded me of Zelda Windwaker. Ok, time to catch up on some sleep now -.-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home