Fried Oreos!
I went to the State Fair last week. Man, North Carolinians take their State Fairs seriously! I remember Maryland fairs just took up an empty square block somewhere on the fringes near Baltimore or Timonium or wherever. This was like acres and acres of fried twinkies, guess-your-agers, ferris wheels, and shoot the freaking basketball games. I'd never even heard of fried pickles before. But man, go for the oreos ~ they're goooooood. And the corn-on-a-cob is excellent. They roast these cobs in foil, then dunk the things in this literal pot of melted butter. Then you sprinkle it with lemon salt and pepper. Yikes, I wonder how many people just keel over because of fair food. We were so busy eating that we never even got to the exhibits.
Hahahahaa, just reading the comments on my last computer post. Yes computers are evil Brian, especially in conjunction with aging cheese. But I love them!!! Well, when they work I love 'em. When they really don't work at least you can always beat the crap out of them. It's that gray area in between that they're always in that annoys me. Ooooh, Gary, can you really get me discounts? They're handing out incentives at work nowadadys? In other hardware-related woes, when I was surfing AM workspaces today, my work laptop just turned off all by itself. It's done that a couple times over the past couple months so I just figured there was some runaway thread or memory leak in the Flash bit of the AM site which was making my dummy laptop unhappy (Yes to surfing AM at work! I know you do too). I usually just turn it back on ~ it's a minor annoyance, but nothing broken. So uhh, it just wouldn't turn back on today. That prompted me to finally took an actual look at it and it turns out that my fan's been dead or dying for awhile...oops. Well at least there's no data damage. Yay! So far, my old el cheapo Compaq's got way more points for staying alive and well through lots of abuse than this new Thinkpad...go figure.
Hahahahaa, just reading the comments on my last computer post. Yes computers are evil Brian, especially in conjunction with aging cheese. But I love them!!! Well, when they work I love 'em. When they really don't work at least you can always beat the crap out of them. It's that gray area in between that they're always in that annoys me. Ooooh, Gary, can you really get me discounts? They're handing out incentives at work nowadadys? In other hardware-related woes, when I was surfing AM workspaces today, my work laptop just turned off all by itself. It's done that a couple times over the past couple months so I just figured there was some runaway thread or memory leak in the Flash bit of the AM site which was making my dummy laptop unhappy (Yes to surfing AM at work! I know you do too). I usually just turn it back on ~ it's a minor annoyance, but nothing broken. So uhh, it just wouldn't turn back on today. That prompted me to finally took an actual look at it and it turns out that my fan's been dead or dying for awhile...oops. Well at least there's no data damage. Yay! So far, my old el cheapo Compaq's got way more points for staying alive and well through lots of abuse than this new Thinkpad...go figure.


1 Comments:
Woah woah woah, fried oreos? Man, that sounds like heaven to me. Everything, and I mean everything, is better fried!
By
Brian "My Fault" Nicolucci, at 10/30/2005 4:49 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home