AM.2.10 Advanced Timing
Yay!!!! The piece this week ended up coming together much more fluidly than the disaster of the last assignment. I had animation block from the crappiness of the last assignment and couldn't get anything down right on the computer till Saturday afternoon (I think I expended five files just trying to get the first pose to work at all), but with the awesome crits and suggestions of the people in AM forums though, I feel a lot better about this one. Yay, thanks guys! Hmm, the umbrella piece is going to have to be one of those pieces that can't be fixed, but can only be redone...whenever that happens.... I feel sort of guilty that I'm not all gung-ho about going in and re-animating that one, but errhh yea, *maybe* another day.
OOoh, and here's another revision of my push assignment. Mark pointed out that my spacing on the foot drag was strangely linear (hehehe, so obvious in retrospect) and also suggested adding some friction to the feet after the fall. Hmmmm, the effects of the friction are kind of miniscule in this teeny version, but I'm worried that adding some exaggeration there would look hideous in the bigger version. Hmmmmmmm, now that I'm looking harder I feel like the overlap of the legs in first half of the slip feels strangely floaty and linear as well...gotta fix that next.
OOoh, and here's another revision of my push assignment. Mark pointed out that my spacing on the foot drag was strangely linear (hehehe, so obvious in retrospect) and also suggested adding some friction to the feet after the fall. Hmmmm, the effects of the friction are kind of miniscule in this teeny version, but I'm worried that adding some exaggeration there would look hideous in the bigger version. Hmmmmmmm, now that I'm looking harder I feel like the overlap of the legs in first half of the slip feels strangely floaty and linear as well...gotta fix that next.


1 Comments:
hey irene, keep going w the push, it is looking great. i think the timing at the end fall could be sped up a bit to add more contrast. other than that it looks finished. i still haven't gotten any time to revise my push, it needs so much work!!
By
anthea, at 8/30/2005 8:33 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home